Best Practice Groups (BPG’s) are small groups of CABB members that meet on a monthly basis to share knowledge and best practices, with the goal of increasing each other’s capabilities, mutual trust and support, and results. A Group Moderator (GM) selects members and schedules and moderates the meetings. Each group has 4-6 members from non-competing market areas with a range of backgrounds and experience levels. Groups can be industry agnostic or industry-specific (e.g. restaurants).
Meetings are monthly, for one hour, via video conference. Example discussion topics: best practices, goal setting and accountability, group consulting, case studies, presentations by members.
CURRENT BEST PRACTICE GROUPS
|Group Moderator (GM)||Status||Meets Monthly|
|Andrew Rogerson||email Andrew to check availability||First Tuesday at 8:30 am|
|Randy Katz||FULL||First Thursday at 12:00 pm|
|Gregory Michail||1 Spot Available||TBD|
|Tyler Evans||contact Tyler for availability||First Tuesday at 9:00 am|
BEST PRACTICE GROUPS MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
- CABB member in good standing
- Attend at least 80% of monthly BPG meetings
- Actively participate, and strive to give more than you receive
- Respect confidentiality of BPG member information
- Abide by CABB code of ethics
TO JOIN A GROUP
- Find an open group (see above)
- Contact one or more Group Moderators to apply. Provide your
- years as a business broker,
- target market area, and
- what you hope to gain from joining.
- Your Find A Broker profile will be reviewed, so be sure that it is complete and up to date before you apply.
- The GM will let you know if you are accepted into their group or not. GM’s have full authority over group membership.
- CABB cannot guarantee that you will be accepted into a group. If you are unable to get into a group, notify the Committee Chair, who will provide your contact information to new GM’s as new groups are formed. Please be patient! Since this is a pilot program, space is limited, and it will take us a while to work out the kinks and open new groups.
TO START A NEW GROUP
- Contact CABB @ CABB@CABB.org
- provide your name
- Regular Day/Time you will be hosting your group
- Your preferred email address
- You should have the following decided before you start your group
- Outreach to members
- CABB will post your group on the webpage as well as in the monthly CABB connection.
Contact CABB if you'd like to form a new best practice group!