Note: CABB 101 is a pre-requisite for CABB 201.
This is the final course requirement for the Certified Business Broker (CBB) designation.
In this 4-day, 12-hour course you will learn business valuations by recasting financials to determine Sellers Discretionary Earnings (SDE), creating a Risk Analysis using the CABB worksheet, determine a Broker’s opinion of value for both Asset and Stock Sales using 4 different methodologies with the Income and Market Approaches, including models for Multiple of Earnings, Excess Earnings and cap rate model, and using the comps (done-deal) model. We will also discuss getting paid for this process and talk about different valuation packages available to brokers.
- Review of CABB 101 Recasting.
- SBA Lender's Criteria
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Additions to SDE
- Deletions from SDE
- Recasting Balance Sheets
- Balance Sheet Problem
- CABB's Opinion of Value models and worksheets
- Cap Rates
- Finding and using common Comps Data Bases
- Recasting and Valuation Exercises
Pre-Requisites: Attendees must have successfully met the following pre-requisites prior to taking CABB 201.
- Taken and passed CABB 101 prior to participating in CABB 201
- Take & Pass IBBA 210 Pre-Test OR IBBA 102 Course: To ensure that all CABB 201 attendees have the basic knowledge to grasp the course, all attendees must take and pass the IBBA 210 Pre-Test or IBBA 102 "Financial Fundamentals for Business Brokers" Course.
- CLICK HERE to take the IBBA 210 Pre-Test.
- CLICK HERE to create an account and register for IBBA 102 online course or visit the following link: https://ibba.org/education/online
- Once you have received confirmation from IBBA that you have passed, please email your results and confirmation to email@example.com
- All results must be received within 72 hours of the course registered for. Any attendee who fails to provide confirmation that they passed the IBBA 210 Pre-test will be dropped from the course and required to pay a $35 administrative fee to reschedule the course.
Disclaimer: All registrations are subject to review by the education committee.
In order to participate in the virtual education course, all participants are required to:
- Use a laptop with an embedded camera or a desktop computer with an attached webcam/speaker.
- Attendees MUST show their video at all times to earn credit.
- Attend and remain engaged throughout the entire duration (100%) of the 12-hour course as your attendance will be tracked.
9:00 am - 12:30 pm | Tuesday, June 7 through Friday, June 10, 2022 (4 days)
9:00 am – 10:30 am (1.5 hours)
10:30 am – 11:00 am (30 minutes break)
11:00 am – 12:30 pm (1.5 hours)
Zoom - The webinar login information will be emailed out the day prior and the morning of the virtual education course.
Lance Schmidt CBI, CVA
CABB Member: $249.00
Refund Policy: All education fees are non-refundable and must be used within 12 months of the date the payment was received. Any cancellation or no show less than 14 days prior to the course will be assessed an administrative fee of $35 to re-schedule the course at a later date. For more details on our refund policy CLICK HERE.
|Non-Member Registration - CABB 201||$ 349.00|