Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the California Association of Business Brokers. The following should give you an understanding of how CABB can benefit you in the profession of Business Brokerage.
The California Association of Business Brokers is an association of business brokers and merger and acquisition specialists whose goal is to promote the growth and professionalism of the business brokerage community within our state. To accomplish this CABB provides a variety of membership services including:
- A business listing service that gives members access to several hundred-business opportunities, which are currently being marketed by member brokers (regular (broker) members only. Regular members can add any listings to the listing exchange for which they are the listing agent, at no additional charge.
- A complete set of standard forms designed jointly by attorneys and business brokers exclusively for the business brokerage profession. The forms include a representation agreement (listing form), purchase agreement for business assets, stock purchase agreement, disclosure forms for both buyers and sellers and many more. The forms are copyright protected and are available only to individual members of CABB. Non-member agents working under the broker member are not eligible for use of CABB forms.
- A comprehensive course designed for all Business Brokers in California. This 2-day course, titled, Introduction to California Business Brokerage, will be offered three to four times a year in both Northern and Southern California. Payment is required for all new members who have not taken this course in the past.
- The opportunity to obtain the designation of Certified Business Broker, CBB. This designation shows that you have obtained understanding about and knowledge of how to help clients buy and sell businesses and that you have agreed to a strict code of ethics in your professional practice.
- Conference: 2-Day Annual Statewide Conference offered including top speakers, presentations, roundtable discussions and opportunity to meet with industry sponsors.
- Education: Monthly Cabbinars (web seminars) to learn about hot topics and new ways to improve your practice and sell more. And, weekly emails including tips & relevant stories.
- Regional Networking: Quarterly member meetings to exchange listings, network with other business brokers and listen to professional speakers on topics relating to business brokerage.
- Legal Assistance: CABB members receive a free initial consultation with an experienced attorney who understands our industry.
- Exposure to Sellers & Buyers: Your contact information is listed on the CABB website so that other members and prospective clients can easily find you!
Individual memberships are currently being offered in two classifications: Regular and Affiliate. Regular memberships are for those who are involved in business opportunity sales or are merger and acquisition specialists. Affiliate memberships are for those who are service providers to business brokers, such as attorneys, accountants and escrow professionals. Only regular members have access to the listing exchange service.
Dues for regular members are $276/year. Payment is required for CABB 101 ($149) with membership dues ($276) for all new members who have not taken this course in the past. Save $50/year and bundle your membership with both CABB 101 and 201 for $624. CABB dues for new regular members are prorated quarterly beginning April 1st.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
CABB Membership Requirements
- All CABB regular members are required to complete CABB 101 within 9 months of joining CABB. Any members who do not meet this requirement will have their membership set to inactive until such time that they comply.
- A number of CABB members are also members of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA), and have their CBI designation. For those members, you can opt to bypass the CABB 101 course and just take the exam. For a fee of $25, you can attend the last two hours of the second day of any regularly scheduled CABB 101 course. Preregistration and proof of a CBI is required.
- Regular members must have a current Department of Real Estate License (as either a salesperson or broker). Please note: regular members are also required to maintain an active BRE license as a condition of continual membership.
- Regular broker members can renew for $276 annually.
- Corporate memberships renew at $460 annually which includes one member.
- Corporate broker members can renew for $173 annually.
- New regular broker members can join for $425. The fee includes annual membership dues ($276) and payment for CABB 101 ($149). Pre-payment is required for all new members who have not taken CABB 101 in the past.
- New corporate memberships are $460. The included member is required to take both CABB 101 for $149 each if the courses have not been taken previously.
- New corporate individual broker members can join for $322. The fee includes annual membership dues ($173) and payment for CABB 101 ($149). Pre-payment is required for all new members who have not taken CABB 101 in the past.
Become a Individual Broker Member Today
Become a Corporate Member Today
Become a Corporate Individual Member Today
(office must be a Corporate Member to be eligible)
CABB offers Affiliate Membership to professional advisors and companies that provide products and services to the overall Business Brokerage community; such as Attorneys, Accountants, Escrow Companies, Wealth Managers and Listing Service Companies.
Through participation in CABB, affiliates can take advantage of many opportunities for networking, education and marketing for business growth and expansion.
Become a Corporate Affiliate Member Today
- Corporate Affiliate Member $750
- Download the Corporate Affiliate Application
- Complete Online Application
Become a Individual Affiliate Member Today