Note: CABB 101 is a pre-requisite for CABB 201.
CABB is dedicated to providing the best education for business brokers and intermediaries and has developed a wide range of courses on various topics that will help you provide value to your clients and manage your practice. Our educational courses are developed and taught by subject matter experts who are also practitioners.
With this course, you can... obtain your CBB and do business valuations from recasting the profits to determine the real “Seller’s Discretionary Earnings” (SDE); recasting a Balance Sheet; conducting a risk Analysis; determining a Broker's Opinion of Value for both Assets and Stock through a Multiple of Discretionary Earnings Methodology; Excess Earnings Methodology which looks at cap rate and rate of return on capital/assets; Selling Price Analysis from a Cash Flow Perspective Methodology and analyzing Comps.
- Review of CABB 101 Recasting
- SBA Lender's Criteria
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Additions to SDE
- Deletions from SDE
- Recasting Balance Sheets
- CABB's Opinion of Value models and worksheets
- Cap Rates
- Finding and using common Comps Data Bases
- Recasting and Valuation Exercises
You must have a computer to sit in on this course, this is a Computer Class. We'll start the morning by setting up your computer. First, we will download the CABB Valuation Worksheets and SDE Worksheet from the CABB web site. Next, we'll download the 2014 BIZCOMPS data from the memory sticks that will be passed around. When everyone has their computer ready we will start the training.
Pre-Requisites: Attendees must have successfully met the following pre-requisites prior to taking CABB 201.
- Taken and passed CABB 101 prior to participating in CABB 201
- Take & Pass IBBA 210 Pre-Test OR IBBA 102 Course: To ensure that all CABB 201 attendees have the basic knowledge to grasp the course, all attendees must take and pass the IBBA 210 Pre-Test or IBBA 102 "Financial Fundamentals for Business Brokers" Course.
- CLICK HERE to take the IBBA 2010 Pre-Test or visit the following link: https://ibba.org/education/courses/210pretest
- CLICK HERE to create an account and register for IBBA 102 online course or visit the following link: https://ibba.org/education/online
- Once you have received confirmation from IBBA that you have passed, please email your results and confirmation email@example.com:
- All results must be received within 72 hours of the course registered for. Any attendee who fails to provide confirmation that they passed the IBBA 210 Pre-test will be dropped from the course and required to pay a $35 administrative fee to reschedule the course.
Exceptions: If you have a degree in finance or accounting, or are licensed CPA, or have an acceptable valuation credential, CBI or M&AMI certification, or have completed IBBA 210, you are not required to take the IBBA 210 pre-test.
Disclaimer: All registrations are subject to review by the education committee.
8:00 am - 5:00 pm | Tuesday, September 25 and Wednesday, September 26
Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport
Crystal Ballroom-Salon A2
18800 MacArthur Blvd,
Irvine, CA 92612
Lance (Kent) Schmidt, CBB, CVA
CABB Member: $249.00
All education fees are non-refundable and must be used within 12 months of the date the payment was received. Any cancellation or no show less than 14 days prior to the course will be assessed an administrative fee of $35 to re-schedule the course at a later date. For more details on our refund policy CLICK HERE.
San Jose, CA 95110