(2 DAY COURSE) 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
This is the final course requirement for the Certified Business Broker (CBB) designation.
You will learn business valuations by recasting financials to determine Sellers Discretionary Earnings (SDE), creating a Risk Analysis using the CABB worksheet, determine a Broker’s opinion of value for both Asset and Stock Sales using 4 different methodologies with the Income and Market Approaches, including models for Multiple of Earnings, Excess Earnings and cap rate model, and using the comps (done-deal) model. We will also discuss getting paid for this process and talk about different valuation packages available to brokers.
Registration Fee: $249 Members $349 Non-Members
- Review of CABB 101 Recasting.
- SBA Lender's Criteria
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Additions to SDE
- Deletions from SDE
- Recasting Balance Sheets
- Balance Sheet Problem
- CABB's Opinion of Value models and worksheets
- Cap Rates
- Finding and using common Comps Data Bases
- Recasting and Valuation Exercises
Pre-Requisites: Attendees must have successfully met the following pre-requisites prior to taking CABB 201,
- Taken and passed CABB 101 prior to participating in CABB 201
- Take & Pass IBBA 210 Pre-Test OR IBBA 102 Course: To ensure that all CABB 201 attendees have the basic knowledge to grasp the course, all attendees must take and pass the IBBA 210 Pre-Test or IBBA 102 "Financial Fundamentals for Business Brokers" Course.
- CLICK HERE to take the IBBA 210 Pre-Test or visit the following link:
- CLICK HERE to create an account and register for IBBA 102 online course or visit the following link: https://ibba.org/education/online
- Once you have received confirmation from IBBA that you have passed, please email your results and confirmation to email@example.com
- All results must be received within 72 hours of the course registered for. Any attendee who fails to provide confirmation that they passed the IBBA 210 Pre-test will be dropped from the course and required to pay a $50 administrative fee to reschedule the course.
Exceptions: If you have a degree in finance or accounting, or are a licensed CPA, or have an acceptable valuation credential, CBI or M&AMI certification, or have completed IBBA 210, you are not required to take IBBA 210 pre-test.
Disclaimer: All registrations are subject for review by the education committee.
- A laptop computer is REQUIRED for this course. You must bring it with you to the class.
As a reminder:
- CABB 101 and CABB 201 are both required for CBB certification.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the CABB office at 866-972-2220 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund Policy: All education fees are non-refundable and must be used within 12 months of the date the payment was received. Any cancellation or no show less than 14 days prior to the course will be assessed an administrative fee of $50 to re-schedule the course at a later date. For a more details on our refund policy CLICK HERE.
TAKE CABB 201 MULTIPLE TIMES!
CABB members can now retake CABB 201 for just $25 to cover the cost of the course materials.
If you are interested, please contact CABB administrative office today.