(1 DAY COURSE) 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
Registration Fee: $149 Members
This course is a unique opportunity to participate in an open forum discussion with veteran Business Brokers who do business in California. It reinforces the idea that CBB's are the true professionals in our field and that we can always learn from each other. Since all attendees are experienced CBB's we encourage all of you to come to the class prepared to participate so we can all benefit from the group’s experience. Veteran Business Brokers who have taken this class have commented on how valuable it was to interact with other professionals in our industry.
CABB CBB Renewal Course Summary:
Open forum discussion with Business Broker veterans on topics such as:
- Review and update on new brokerage tools, CRM’s, VDR’s, marketing, packaging, etc.
- Securities licensing requirements in California for stock sales
- Legal updates on important topics
- Updates on CABB forms
- Agency Disclosure Statements – when, how used
- How to handle mandatory sick leave pay (3 days or 36 hours a year)
- How to handle A/R, A/P and working capital
- “No Shop Clause” for Main Street, or how do you handle marketing once an offer is accepted –Do you take the business off the market? Will you accept other offers?
- Dealing with difficult landlords – transferring leases
- SBA financing – what has been your recent experiences
- Seller Finance – how do you handle this (buyer’s credit report, financial statement, note, PG, etc.)
- Records Retention including e-mails – what is your firm’s policy?
- Opinions of Value/MPSP’s, up-front fees or no cost?
- How do you handle record exchanges in Due Diligence (DropBox, ShareFile, etc.)
- Open discussion by attendees on one or two of their hardest, or most interesting, or most complicated deal (successfully closed or not) for discussion among all. Be prepared to discuss the issues involved, and how they were remedied.
Refund Policy: All education fees are non-refundable and must be used within 12 months of the date the payment was received. Any cancellation or no show less than 14 days prior to the course will be assessed an administrative fee of $35 to re-schedule the course at a later date. For a more details on our refund policy CLICK HERE.
If you would like to register for this course, follow the link below to see upcoming courses