The Law Offices of William F. Ziprick is a boutique law firm which focuses on business transactions, with a particular emphasis on providing legal counsel for the purchase and sale of businesses throughout California. It has been their privilege to work closely with outstanding CABB business brokers on numerous successful deals throughout the past years.
Our Areas of Focus Include:
- Purchase and sale of businesses
- Counseling Businesses
- Purchase, Sale, and Lease of Commercial Real Estate
- Corporations (For-Profit & Non-Profit)
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Financings (Commercial & Residential)
About Attorney William F. Ziprick
- Since first receiving his business degree with an accounting emphasis (1977), and then graduating from the UCLA School of Law (1980), Attorney Ziprick has been privileged to provide practical legal counsel to clients throughout California.
- Through creative problem solving, attention to detail, accessibility, and understanding that unnecessary delay is often a deal killer, Attorney Ziprick has worked closely with his clients, brokers, and other professionals to achieve successful closings.
- The Business Law Firm of Attorney Ziprick is proud to be an affiliate member of CAB
Do you have the right lawyer for your business needs? ● Meet Attorney Ziprick https://youtu.be/ua7KTzM4feg
Do you know what it takes to buy or sell a business? ● Making a Deal, Part 1 https://youtu.be/KcpLxgGSXIU
What are the stages of buying or selling a business? ● Making a Deal, Part 2 https://youtu.be/x8-sjKrnia0
What are the documents involved to buy or sell a business? ● Making a Deal, Part 3 https://youtu.be/bD-1XfEGBYQ
Suggestions for Ways to Determine Whether an Attorney will be a “Deal Maker” vs. “Deal Breaker”
- How many sale transactions have they been directly involved in within the past 1 to 2 years. Inexperienced legal counsel don’t know how to creatively solve the inevitable problems that will happen during the course of the deal.
- Do they have a litigator mentality of “win at all costs” vs. understanding that successful closings result from a “win-win” (for both the buyer and the seller) mindset?
- Do they return phone calls and emails promptly?
- Does the attorney have a large ego which interferes with getting the deal closed, i.e., they treat everyone else as beneath them, including the broker?
- Does the attorney have a solid background and comfort level with accounting/financial statement issues? For example, a degree in accounting, or experience as a CFO or controller?
- Do they insist on using their own forms/documents, or is there flexibility with using CABB forms (with relevant addendums, as necessary), other broker forms, or forms from legal counsel for the other party?
- If legal counsel has worked with seller/buyer before, what type of matters have they handled? Collections, litigation, employment disputes, etc., or did they work on business-related matters (i.e. contract negotiation, purchase/sale of assets)?
- Is the attorney a CABB affiliate?
(not only is our firm a CABB affiliate, but we also give a 10% discount on our legal rates to all clients who are referred by a CABB broker)
- Does the attorney’s/law firm’s website focus primarily on litigation, other types of law, or business transactions?
Assisting with Closing Business Sales throughout California, with recognized Excellence
One of the “Top Lawyers in the I.E.”
The Inland Empire Magazine