Note: CABB 101 is a pre-requisite for CABB 201.
This is the final course requirement for the Certified Business Broker (CBB) designation.
In this 4-day, 12-hour course you will learn business valuations by recasting financials to determine Sellers Discretionary Earnings (SDE), creating a Risk Analysis using the CABB worksheet, determine a Broker’s opinion of value for both Asset and Stock Sales using 4 different methodologies with the Income and Market Approaches, including models for Multiple of Earnings, Excess Earnings and cap rate model, and using the comps (done-deal) model. We will also discuss getting paid for this process and talk about different valuation packages available to brokers.
- Review of CABB 101 Recasting.
- SBA Lender's Criteria
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Additions to SDE
- Deletions from SDE
- Recasting Balance Sheets
- Balance Sheet Problem
- CABB's Opinion of Value models and worksheets
- Cap Rates
- Finding and using common Comps Data Bases
- Recasting and Valuation Exercises
Pre-Requisites: Attendees must have successfully met the following pre-requisites prior to taking CABB 201.
- Taken and passed CABB 101 prior to participating in CABB 201
- Have a working knowledge of P&Ls (Income Statements) and Balance Sheets
- Have reviewed the two SDE Recasting Walk-throughs found on the members CABB.org Dashboard, in the Broker Tools tab.
- Have (a) Taken & Passed CABB 201 Pre-Test OR (b) completed and passed: IBBA 201 (Finance Fundamentals for Business Brokers - 8 Hours), IBBA 107 (Understanding Financials - 4 Hours) or IBBA 210 (Analyzing and Recasting Financial Statements - 16 Hours)
Click here to take the Pre-Test
- Have established access to the "ValueSource Market Comps Database" through the IBBA (free IBBA Member Benefit)
Once you have received confirmation of passing the pre-test please email your results/confirmation to email@example.com or send confirmation of passing IBBA 102, 107 or 210.
All Pre-Test results must be received within 72 hours of the course. Anyone failing to provide confirmation of passing the pre-test or providing proof on completing IBBA 102, 107 or 210 will be dropped from the course and required to pay a $35 administrative fee to reschedule the course.
Exceptions: If you have a degree in finance or accounting, or are a licensed CPA, or have an acceptable valuation credential, or have your CBI or M&AMI, you are not required to take the pre-test. You must provide proof of the above credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the test exemption no later than 72 hours prior to the first day of the class.
Disclaimer: All registrations are subject to review by the education committee.
In order to participate in the virtual education course, all participants are required to:
- Use a laptop with an embedded camera or a desktop computer with an attached webcam/speaker.
- Attendees MUST show their video at all times to earn credit.
- Attend and remain engaged throughout the entire duration (100%) of the 12-hour course as your attendance will be tracked.
9:00 am - 12:30 pm | Tuesday, November 7, through Friday, November 10, 2023 (4 days)
9:00 am – 10:30 am (1.5 hours)
10:30 am – 11:00 am (30 minutes break)
11:00 am – 12:30 pm (1.5 hours)
Zoom - The webinar login information will be emailed out the day prior and the morning of the virtual education course.
CABB Member: $249.00
Refund Policy: All education fees are non-refundable and must be used within 12 months of the date the payment was received. Any cancellation or no show less than 14 days prior to the course will be assessed an administrative fee of $35 to re-schedule the course at a later date. For more details on our refund policy CLICK HERE.